Friday 21 December 2012

5

I’ve not been doing well lately. I...I can’t sleep. I can’t sleep, and I feel like I’ve got eyes staring at the back of my head at all times. It’s difficult to focus on anything, let alone work. My boss has become increasingly demanding, and I’ve become increasingly short in my dealings with him. St. Clair is amused, but I know that my previous politeness will only provide me so much leeway before the boss snaps.

I need this job. I need this job to pay for the house. If I can’t pay for the house, I’m going to end up moving back with my parents, and...and I really don’t think that’ll be healthy for anyone involved in that situation. 

My parents aren’t bad people, really. They’re just really set in their ways, always have been and always will be. They don’t take kindly to people who reject or step outside their definition of respectable. I  kept my toes on the line, always obeyed, always being the good kid, but it was strangling. Once I finished school, the opportunity presented itself to leave my parents’ home, and I leapt for it. For those first few weeks on my own, I felt like I was finally free; I could finally breathe. I had a place all to myself, where it was perfectly acceptable to be me. 

But I’m still dealing with the fallout from spending so much time with my parents. That’s why I started this blog, after all. 

That’s my fifth confession, I guess. I’d almost rather be homeless than go back home with my parents.

Which is what makes their little weekend visits like the one rapidly approaching so arduous. 


We’ll see if I can weather the storm on little to no sleep. 

No comments:

Post a Comment